MP Local Area Development (MPLADS)
Salient features of the (MPLADS)
- Objectives of the scheme is to enable MPs to recommend works of development nature with emphasis on the creation of durable community assets based on the locally felt needs to be taken up in their constituencies. The schemes are drinking water facility, education, public health, electricity, roads, irrigation, sanitation etc.
- Fund entitlement Rs. 2.00 crores per annum per MP Constituency.
- The District Authority in consultation with MPs identifies the agency for execution of schemes like PRIs / ULBs / Govt. Deptts. / reputed NGOs as capable of implementing works satisfactory.
Procedures on which Beneficiary gets entitlement
- On receipt of recommendation of the work from MP, necessary scrutiny done on the basis of the guideline and sanction order issued to the respective executing agencies with a request to submit the vetted plan and estimate.
- The District Authority identifies the agency for execution of scheme like PRIs / ULBs / Govt. Deptts. / reputed NGOs as capable of implementing works satisfactory.
- Fund released to the executing agency after receiving the vetted plan and estimate for execution of schemes within the stipulated time.
- Technical person assigned to supervise the scheme
- On completion of scheme the U/C along with the physical achievement report and photograph needs to be submitted to the Development & Planning Deptt.
- MPR and U/Cs are sent to the Director of MPLADS, New Delhi, Govt. of India.