Bidhayak Elaka Unnayan Prakalpa(BEUP)
Salient features of the (BEUP)
- Objectives of the scheme is to enable MLAs to suggest and implement developmental schemes that are capital intensive in nature based on locally felt needs in conformity with the overall planning of the district so that durable assets are created in their respective constituencies.
- Each MLA is entitled to recommend schemes for Rs. 50.00 lakh for each financial year
- The work under BEUP are developmental in nature based on locally felt needs. The emphasis on creation of durable assets and service support facilities and community benefits for the socio-economic benefit of the constituency. The schemes like construction of infrastructure facilities of market shed, go-down, work shed, school building, roads , bridge, culvert, drinking water facilities, irrigation schemes, drainage, community hall, toilets, health sub-centre etc.
- District Planning Committee is the Sanctioning Authority of the schemes recommended by the MLAs
- The schemes are executed by Panchayats, Municipalities, Govt. Departments reputed NGOs and agencies under Govt.
Procedures on which Beneficiary gets entitlement
- On receipt of recommendation of the work from MLA, necessary scrutiny done on the basis of guideline and sanction order issued to the respective executing agencies with a request to submit the vetted plan and estimate.
- Fund released to the executing agency after receiving the vetted plan and estimate for execution of schemes within the stipulated time.
- Technical person assigned to supervise the scheme.
- On completion of scheme the U/C along with the physical achievement report and photograph needs to be submitted to the Development & Planning Deptt.
- MPR and U/Cs are sent to the Development & Planning Deptt., Govt. of West Bengal.