Paschimanchal Unnayan Parshad (PUP)
Salient features of the Scheme(PUP)
- The programme under PUP has been introduced for effecting integrated development of the area and filling critical gaps in normal development process under direct supervision and monitoring of DPC and the Executive Committee of PUP. Attention on small projects with wide public utility, need oriented bias and anti poverty thrust aimed at improvement of quality of life of the target group.
- Objectives : a) Generation of productive employment b) Enhancement of irrigation potential c) Removal regional disparity d) Community schemes for group activity with individual beneficiary below BPL and belonging preferably to SC / ST e) Development of infrastructure with thrust upon improvement of quality of life.
- 18 Blocks of the district namely Jhargram, Binpur-I, Binpur-II, Jamboni, Nayagram, Gopiballavpur-I, Gopiballavpur-II, Sankrail, Kharagpur-I, Kharagpur-II, Narayangarh, Keshiary, Garhbeta-I, Garhbeta-II, Garhbeta-III, Keshpur, Salboni, Midnapore Sadar.
Procedures on which Beneficiary gets entitlement
- Project proposals and list of schemes are prepared for each financial year and sent to the Deptt. of Paschimanchal Unnayan Affairs, Govt. of West Bengal.
- The schemes are executed by the Panmchayats and Govt. Deptts.
- Monthly report along with the physical and financial progress and utilization certificate are sent to the PUA.